Has it really been 8 months since I published a web post? Yikes. “What have you been up to?” you may wonder. Here is a recap:
For the last five or so years, I’ve been part of a small, informal writing group in Helena. During 2016, some of us kicked around the idea of starting a new literary magazine, and after much planning, we launched Montana Mouthful during October 2017 and published our debut issue during February 2018. Our second issue will be published during July 2018. Needless to say, co-editing a literary magazine takes time and effort, but the project has also been a lot of fun. Feel free to check it out and/or submit your work. The magazine is devoted to publishing short fiction and nonfiction, poetry, and artwork, and each issue is themed.
Furthermore, I’ve managed to squeeze in some writing time of my own between working on the magazine and teaching creative writing classes. I’m currently working on a collection of short stories, and I hope to put out one or two stories for publication during the second half of 2018.
Because of the above commitments, I’ve revamped my teaching and editing services and schedule.
In a nutshell:
- I’ll continue to offer Basic Elements of Fiction Writing + Workshop during autumn/winter.
- I’ve created a hybrid one-on-one course that’s a combination of fiction writing instruction plus substantial manuscript editing. 1-on-1 Creative Writing Instruction + Manuscript Editing is similar to the previously-offered One-on-One Creative Writing Instruction (Fiction) course but with two main changes:
- Students may take the course any time of year;
- Instead of an upfront cost, students are invoiced following each class, which allows them to submit as many manuscript pages for editing as they wish.
- I’ve added a narrative manuscript editing service.
In the past, I’ve always taught in person. While that remains for the small group classes, if you live outside the Helena area and are interested in the hybrid course or manuscript editing, I’m now offering a Skype option for remote students.
Please click the links above for specific information, and if you have questions or are interested in one of the above classes/services, please get in touch. I’m also grateful to anyone who helps spread the word to others!
Thanks and happy writing,